Choose your country and language:
TThe Awards; Exhibition of the Year (up to 6000 sq metres) and Best Green Exhibition; come as the South Africa National Convention Bureau (SANCB), a business unit of South African Tourism, prepares for Meetings Africa 2015, the year in which the tradeshow celebrates its tenth anniversary.
Mr Thulani Nzima, Chief Executive Officer at South African Tourism, says news of the awards was received with delight at South African Tourism. “We thank EXSA for this accolade, and for affirming Meetings Africa’s value to the larger business events sector both regionally and globally.”
He adds that Meetings Africa’s decade of growth has been possible through the unbridled support and collaboration of the local and continental business events sector.
“It is wonderful receiving awards that confirm Meetings Africa’s stature as a quality, responsible trade show,” Mr Nzima says. “However, it is just as good knowing that Meetings Africa grows each year as more exhibitors join the already impressive ranks of outstanding products and services on show each year.
“This is the real value of the tradeshow. It offers the African business events sector a platform to do business with quality buyers from across the globe, enabling the sector to do what the tradeshow promises in its theme: Advance Africa Together.”
The final attendance numbers at Meetings Africa 2014 were as follows:
- 169 79 international qualified hosted buyer delegates (15 percent more than in 2013)
- 31 regional African Association hosted buyer delegates (down marginally on 2013)
- 238 local corporate buyer delegates (up 140 percent on last year)
- 839 visitor delegates (up 16 percent on last year)
- 262 exhibitors (up 11 percent on last year)
- 162 journalists (up 19 percent on last year)
- 3 295 people, in total, passed through the Meetings Africa 2014 gates (up 15 percent on last year)
Meetings Africa 2015 takes place at the Sandton Convention Centre from 23 to 25 February, 2015. For more information, visit the Meetings Africa website at www.meetingsafrica.co.za