Choose your country and language:
BBOOK YOUR SOUTH AFRICAN GETAWAY NOW:
Call: +263 4 704 855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With warm weather all year round, Durban welcomes you to a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle where beaches, barbecues, seafood and curry restaurants, clubs and upmarket accommodation establishments provide everything you could wish for while on holiday.
Durban is South Africa’s self-styled “playground” where year-round warm weather welcomes everyone to make the most of the area’s natural outdoor lifestyle.
Things to do:
- Shopping is best enjoyed at Durban’s out-of-city malls: the Gateway Theatre of Shopping in Umhlanga; the Pavilion in Westville; and the Galleria in Amanzimtoti. An overwhelming choice of shops in air-conditioned comfort makes spending money a most enjoyable pursuit.
- Culturally, Durban exhibits a mix of Indian, Zulu and post-colonial influences, reflected in the city’s architecture and cuisine. Curries, seafood and fusion food are popular at beachfront restaurants, Wilson’s Wharf, and at the gourmet hot spots and coffee shops that line Florida Road and Helen Joseph Road.
- Closer to the harbour, uShaka Marine World – a world-class water park, aquarium (with fish, dolphins, seals, penguins and other sea life) and restaurant complex – overlooks the ocean and offers hours of entertainment for your whole family.
- You can’t miss Durban’s striking Moses Mabhida Stadium, the host venue to top-notch sporting events, Segway tours, a city-viewing SkyCar and an impressive bungee swing.
- Adventure activities are well catered for in and around this coastal city, with deep-sea fishing charters, dolphin viewing, jet-skiing, shark-cage diving, quad biking, scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, boat cruises and much more readily available.